Some types of cough can also be a sign of asthma. Dry cough that is not accompanied by phlegm will cause the respiratory organs to not produce mucus, so the respiratory tract will feel more congested. Common symptoms of this asthma are coughing and heavier breathing.
Here are some types of signs of asthma symptoms due to coughing:
- Coughing has occurred for a longer time sometimes up to 2 months or more
- Coughing does not only occur at night but throughout the day
- Patients will find it difficult to carry out various activities and are difficult to sleep
- Coughing will become more severe when doing strenuous activities or exercise
- Sometimes coughing becomes worse if you smell the perfume, dust or animal hair
- How to treat asthma due to coughing is the use of various types of asthma spray drugs such as albuterol and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Asthma due to the environment
Environment can be one of the causes of asthma. This type of asthma is caused because in an environment there are special substances that attack the respiratory system. Exposure to various types of chemicals can be a trigger for this type of asthma. Here are some types of causes of asthma that come from the environment.
- There is an allergen substance that comes from the environment – this reaction is more commonly found as in allergic asthma
- The presence of substances that can cause irritation to the respiratory organs – This reaction is usually suffered by people affected by asthma because of the danger of cigarette smoke or the smell of perfume.
- The presence of chemicals that enter the respiratory tract, especially the lungs – This case is more common in people who work in the chemical industry or involve chemicals.